The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) has a division for children with Behavioral Disorders (CCBD). Their annual meeting is open for registration
2010 International Forum
February 11-12, 2010
Doubletree Hotel New Orleans New Orleans, LA
Research Into Practice: Achieving Academic and Social Competence with Challenging Students
This forum has been developed in response to the international concern for providing quality services that improve academic and social outcomes for a diverse population of children/youth with challenging behaviors. The Forum will focus on practical issues and solutions to promote positive educational outcomes and more!
Topical In-Depth Workshops
- The Archeology of Instructional Processes: Recent Discoveries of Four Cornerstones for Classroom and School Success - Dr. Richard West, Utah State University
- Five Simple Strategies to Meet the Needs of the Academically Misunderstood - Dr. Greg J. Benner, University of Washington-Tacoma
- Research-Based Mathematics Instruction for Secondary Students with EBD - Dr. Joseph C. Gagnon, University of Florida - Gainsville
- Uniting Response to Intervention (RTI) and Positive Behavior Support (PBS) - Dr. Gale Naquin, University of New Orleans, LA
- Teachers, supervisors, assessment personnel, administrators and other professionals who have the responsibility for the delivery of effective services to students with challenging behaviors
- Teacher educators who are designing and implementing personnel preparation programs and others responsible for staff development
- Researchers whose area of interest is on effective programming for students with challenging behaviors.
- Teams from the same district/agency/institution are encouraged to attend. A Team Discount is Available!
- National Association of School Psychologists - earn 12 NASP-approved CPD credits
- Minnesota Board of Social Work - earn 12 continuing education clock hours