In March, 2011, Mark Geier had medical licenses in 11 12 states. His license has been suspended in five of them, with two more in the works; evidently he allowed his New Jersey license to expire without renewal.
- California Suspended August 03, 2011 Discussion at LeftBrainRightBrain.
- Illinois July 28, 2011:A preliminary hearing is set for August 22, 2011 in Chicago
- Indiana Suspended June 2011 Discussion at Harpocrates Speaks: Mark "Castrate 'Em" Geier's License Suspended - Part 4 More discussion at Autism News Beat. For the whole backstory on the Geiers, I recommend Neurodiversity.com
- Maryland Emergency license suspension on April 27, 2011. Discussion at Harpocrates Speaks: Mark "Castrate 'Em" Geier's License Suspended. May 2, 2011, a revocation hearing was held, and the board upheld its ruling. On May 16, 2011, further charges were filed against Geier and his son David Discussion at Neurodiversity.com. A "Case Resolution Conference" was scheduled for July 6, 2011.
- Missouri July 28, 2011: A spokesman for the Missouri healing arts board would not confirm an investigation of Geier, whose license is active.
- New Jersey allowed his license to expire without renewal on 6/30/11
- Virginia Suspended June 9,2011 Discussion at Harpocrates Speaks: Mark "Castrate 'Em" Geier's License Suspended - Part 3
- Washington Suspended May 27, 2011
For the backstory on the Geiers, I recommend to start:
- Harpocrates Speaks
- Respectful Insolence
- Science-Based Medicine
Previously on this blog: