Dan Buzzard is an Australian skeptic and atheist. Francine Scrayen is the Australian classical homeopath who "treated" Penelope Dingle prior to Dingle's death from colorectal cancer in 2005.
Penelope Dingle began seeing homeopath Francine Scrayen April 4, 2001, for fertility and other issues, when Dingle was approximately 41. Beginning in October, 2001, Scrayen's treatment reports mention Dingle reporting "blood in her stool" and abdominal pain. Dingle did not see a medical practitioner for her rectal bleeding until December, 2002; she was diagnosed with colorectal cancer in February 2003. At that time, Dingle refused surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, and continued "treatment" from Francine Scrayen, which continued through the time Dingle was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery in October 2003. There is some dispute over whether Dingle offered to sign a letter indemnifying Scrayen, or whether Scrayen asked for such a letter. At any rate, Dingle severed her relationship with Scrayen. In November, 2004, Penelope Dingle wrote two heart-wrenching letters to Scrayen, which were published by the Australian Broadcasting Company.
Dingle died August 23, 2005.
On February 16, 2011, Dan Buzzard posted Scammed to death: How Francine Scrayen killed Penelope Dingle. Late in March, 2012, Penelope Dingle's sister filed suit in Australian court against Francine Scrayen. On March 31, 2012, Dan Buzzard posted Homeopath Francine Scrayen in Court for the Death of Her "Patient".
Responses (I will be updating this silently as more posts are made or found)
- April 5, 2012 Guy Chapman's Blahg: Ms. Scrayen? Ms. Streisand on Line 1
- April 5, 2012 Reasonable Hank Dangerous Homeopath SLAPPs Dan Buzzard
- April 5, 2012 Keir Liddle at The Twenty-first Floor Homeopath Sues Skeptical Blogger
- April 5, 2012 Adam at Dianthus.com The Harm of Homeopathy
- April 5, 2012 Sharon Hill at Skeptic Homeopath Threatens Blogger with Legal Action
- April 5, 2012 Helen deWitt at Paperpools Bad Science
- April 5, 2012 Noticias criminalogia La homeópata, Francine Scrayen en los tribunales por la muerte de su “paciente”.
- April 5, 2012 Dragonblaze at Steelclaws on Snake Oil Who Was Penelope Dingle and Why What Happened to Her Matters
- April 5, 2012 Michael Simpson at Skeptical Raptor Supporting A Fellow Blogger Who Is Being Attacked by a Homeopath
- April 5, 2012 Angela Meadon at Skeptic Detective Killer Homeopath Doesn’t Understand the Streisand Effect
- April 6, 2012 Chrys Stevenson at Gladly the Cross-Eyed Bear When the Despicable Cry Defamation
- April 6, 2012 Fluxosaurus at Fluxosaurus Bully Tactics by Homeopath Invites Blogging Backlash
- April 6, 2012 Jacques Russeau at Synapes What's The Harm? Homeopathy Can (Indirectly) Kill You
- April 6, 2012 Dave at Dave D's Blog When Charlatans Attack!
- April 6, 2012 Anarchic Teapot at Short & Spiky Francine Scrayen, The Litigious Liar
- April 6, 2012 Peter Bowditch at Peter Bowditch's Blog: Homeoquack Doesn't Like the Truth
- April 6, 2012 Skandal in Australien: Penelope Dingle ist tot, und ihr Homöopath will einen Blogger verklagen, der darüber schreibt
- June 10 2010 The Australian Cancer Death Puts Homeopathy in Dock
- June 16 2010 Perth Now Husband: Cancer victim Penelope Dingle 'in awe" of homeopath
- June 18 2010 Perth Now Cancer Victim "Fanatical" About Her Faith
- June 18 2012 Sydney Morning Herald Homeopath Denies Asking for Indemnity
- June 22 2010 WA Today Dingle's Cruel Cancer Remedies
- June 23 2010 Perth Now Coroner Questions Whether Cancer Victim Penelope Dingle "Too Dependent" on Homeopath
- July 30, 2010 Sydney Morning Herald Inquest into Dingle Death
- July 30, 2010 Coronial Inquest Into The Death Of Penelope Dingle (nee Brown) – Alastair Hope, State Coroner of Western Australia.
- November 7, 2011 Penelope Dingle's Letters to Francine Scrayen
- March 31, 2012 The West Australian Woman Sues Homeopath over Sister's Cancer Death