Previous Special Needs Mini Cons/ Birds of a Feather etc.
There was a breakout session, “PatientBloggers – You Are Not Your Disease, You Just Blog About It Every Day”.
- AmyT at DiabetesMine: https://www.diabetesmine.com/2009/07/patient-bloggers-at-blogher-09.html
- Kerri Morrone Sparling at SixUntilMe: https://sixuntilme.com/2009/07/patientbloggers_at_blogher09.html
- Loolwa Khazzoom at Dancing with Pain https://dancingwithpain.com/telling-our-stories-support-garnered-from-the-blogher-09-conference/
Image source: https://www.stimeyland.com/2010/08/autism-unexpected-blogging-autism-and-shattering-myths-blogher-2010/ Left to right, Pamela Merrit, Shannon Rosa, Carol Greenburg, and Jean Stimey.
BLOGHER10 (New York)
There was a breakout session in the Personal: Blogging Autism: Shattering Myths, Opening Eyes and Finding Your Tribe
Autism is both more out in the open than it has ever been before and more shrouded in myths and mystery. Come learn and share your stories about how blogging contributes to the autism community as a source of support and outlet for parents, as a way for those not dealing directly with autism to gain more insight and sensitivity and as a tool for advocacy and activism. Shannon Des Roches Rosa, a parent of a child with autism, moderates the discussion with Shark-Fu, who is co-guardian of her autistic brother, Stimey fromStimeyland.com, who parents a child with autism, and Carol Greenberg, who is an adult with autism, from Brooklyn Special Needs Consulting.
- Shannon Des Roches Rosa's reflections https://www.squidalicious.com/2010/08/blogher10-friday.html
- Shark-Fu's reflections https://angryblackbitch.blogspot.com/2010/08/some-thoughts-from-blogher-2010.html and pre-conference interview with Shannon Rosa https://www.blogher.com/pamela-meritt
- Stimey's reflections https://www.stimeyland.com/2010/08/autism-unexpected-blogging-autism-and-shattering-myths-blogher-2010/