Updated March 25, 2017: no action on any except HJR 69; on its way to President for signature.
This post is going around Facebook like measles (highly contagious)
From a friend:
In case anyone got overly sidetracked by the Russian spy drama, the following bills HAVE been introduced:
- HR 861 Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency
- HR 610 Vouchers for Public Education
- HR 899 Terminate the Department of Education
- HJR 69 Repeal Rule Protecting Wildlife (passed House, Senate Vote not scheduled ) passed the Senate on March 20(?) -- but Congress.gov has not yet updated the page for S.J. Res. 18.
- HR 370 Repeal Affordable Care Act
- HR 354 Defund Planned Parenthood (action items on this and a Senate vote on a Resolution)
- HR 785 National Right to Work (this one ends unions)
- HR 83 Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Bill
- HR 147 Criminalizing Abortion (“Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act”)
- HR 808 Sanctions against Iran
Please share widely by copying and pasting (which will ensure the post is visible to friends of your friends and not just your own friends). Call your House Representative and ask them to not only vote "NO"...but to speak up for our rights, health & safety, and our beautiful country.
I decided to publish the list here, and then have a series of 10 articles tracking what is happening, legislatively, with each bill. The links above will take you to each future post.