Well, I think I use my RSS feed as a Human Filter, too. Ed Brayton strained out this gem: Bachmann's Latest Lunatic Ravings.
He's talking about Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), who prior to entering public office in 2000 was a federal tax litigation attorney.
- Michele Bachmann on Barack Obama, October 17 2008 liberals = anti-American)
- January 14, 2009,Michele Bachmann on being a conservative in the House of Representatives: "I would say there are probably 30 keepers of the flame over here, and I fully believe you don't need to even have a majority but you need to have a critical mass. I don't know if we're quite a critical mass, but if you have enough like minded people, the main thing we can do right now is be foreign correspondents reporting to you from enemy lines. That's really what we're doing right now because I think the American people would have their breath taken away if they saw the amount of freedom and money that will be taken away from them in the next few months,
- March 5, 2009: Michele Bachmann: (1) To Gordon Liddy: the Obama administration’s economic policies amount to “a great leap forward toward finalizing a place of socialism in American economic life,” (2) to William Bennett’s: “But what I think we’re seeing is an implementation of all of the radical ideas that Bill Ayers and Ward Churchill — the radical ideas that we’ve seen on some college campuses, they’re now being implemented in our government, and they’re taking a nefarious route when it looks at the economic recovery.”
- March 23, 2009, Michele Bachmann "I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us ‘having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,’ and the people – we the people – are going to have to fight back hard if we’re not going to lose our country. And I think this has the potential of changing the dynamic of freedom forever in the United States.”
- April 5, 2009: To Sue Jeffers I believe that there is a very strong chance that we will see that young people will be put into mandatory service. And the real concerns is that there are provisions for what I would call re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums.
The looks of Mary Tyler Moore, the mouth of Joe McCarthy and the mind of Ted Haggard all packaged into one effective little instrument of demagoguery.
This fierce opponent of socialism has spent most of her working life in government jobs. Her current job carries a salary of $174,000 per year and includes the government funded health care and retirement benefits package that she works zealously to make sure the rest of us don’t get.