My Photo
Buy Your Copy Now!
Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 12/2003

« Reality TV and Summer Sales: The Scam | Main | History of Academy at Ivy Ridge »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007



Here is a new post concerning the dishonesty of Firstline. Click here to read.


Katherine Young

How does someone who worked for Actuality Entertainment contact them when they don't send out W2 information? The web page is gone, is this company gone?


Hi Katherine,

As far as I know, no tax information has been sent from Firstline or Actuality Entertainment and given the way they packed up and left quickly, they may not be coming for a long time.

To file your taxes without a 1099, just add up everything you received from them during the year and report it on your Schedule C (self-employment income). By doing that, you have fulfilled your obligation to report all of your taxable income, and if 1099's haven't been filed, the IRS will request them from Actuality, but you will be off the hook.

I hope that helps a little bit. I wouldn't hold up your taxes waiting for them.

Liz Ditz

This is the text of the email I sent to Katherine:

I'm not an attorney or a tax specialist or any of the above. The IRS says in part (you should go read the whole article),,id=106470,00.html

If you still do not receive your W-2 by February 15th, contact the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040. When you call, have the following information:

*Employer's name, address, city, and state, including zip code.*
*Your name, address, city and state, including zip code, and Social Security number, and
*An estimate of the wages you earned, the federal income tax withheld, and the period you worked for that employer. The estimate should be based on year-to-date information from your final pay stub or leave - and - earnings statement, if possible.

If you misplaced your W-2, contact your employer. Your employer can replace the lost form with a “reissued statement.” Be aware that your employer is allowed to charge you a fee for providing you with a new W-2.

You still must file your tax return on time even if you do not receive your Form W-2. If you do not receive the missing information in time to file, you may use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Attach Form 4852 to the return, estimating income and withholding taxes as accurately as possible. There may be a delay in any refund due while the information is verified.

Brian Ferre, who was listed as the Executive Creative Director at Actuality, seems now to be associated with a limited liability company in Mount Pleasant, Utah, Kings Outdoor Ventures, which got a $997,000 loan from the federal Small Business Administration, the office in Utah

You could try contacting the SBA office in Utah

Utah District Office – Mail Code 0883
Steve Price, Deputy District Director
[email protected]
Nick Newbold, District Counsel
[email protected]

Hope that helps

Liz Ditz

Also see the Firstline chapter 11 post by Karoli, especially the comments, where some stooge claiming to be an attorney plays the tiny violin for the Firstline principals, Trevor Keyes and Wright Thurston


The "Prodigy" speaks out about the allegations against Firstline Security

The comments to this entry are closed.


What I'm Tweeting

    follow me on Twitter